- - - - -
- - -
Current topic:
We'd love to include your perspective! Send submissions on any topic to fourperspectivesblog at gmail.com.

Next topic:


Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Chocolate Makes Everything Better

Pin It I worry much too much. I know it is not good for me but I just can not help myself sometimes. Some things worry me so much that I turn into a weepy beast which spews words from its mouth before thinking them through. I have no explanation for this behavior, I only know that worry exacerbates my emotions and turns me into an unthinking, unrealistic monster.

A couple of days ago, the worry monster surfaced and my poor family had to suffer her wrath. I promptly ordered myself to take two chocolates and go to bed.

I pulled out the bag of Dove Chocolates with Almonds that were gifted to me at camp last week and unwrapped the first morsel. As is standard, I read the message printed inside the wrapper as I popped the goodness into my mouth:


As it turns out, I didn't need the second chocolate. I only needed the message of the first (and some time to do some research... and some good, solid sleep).

Thank you Susan of New York, NY. You are so right.

15 comments:

Katie's Dailies said...

I love those little sayings inside the Dove wrappers. I kept one that spoke to me just like yours did in this post, and pinned it to my cork board.

The treat inside the wrappers are pretty good, too!

Corine Moore said...

Hi Gerb! It's me... the one who can totally and completely associate - AND WISHES SHE COULDN'T! But hey... we have the rest of our lives to learn it, right? NOT! (Not if we want to ACTUALLY ENJOY our lives in the mean time. And bty - I turn to chocolate, too (esp with nuts in them! YUM!).

BTY - A friend of mine told me recently that the things I worry about are "all you" meaning all in my head. I wasn't sure if she was right, so I decided that if I can't believe it is all in my head, to just PRETEND the things I worry about are all in my head. (Hey, maybe I should blog about this. I'm a total and complete expert on the subject! :D) You know what the cool thing is... I took my own advice, and I think it's actually working! Good luck! And if you need an understanding ear; I promise you can talk to me!

Have a great day! :D
Corine

Corine Moore said...

Ahh! My computer just did some duplications! :O (It couldn't have been me. :)

Savira Gupta said...

Love those little quiet moments where it is just between you and something that taste like heaven.
Mine was a Kara cupcake and myself and I was in heaven!

Kinsey said...

I think I'm going to have to buy some chocolates just for the message :)

Kristi said...

Gerb- I never would have pegged you as a fellow worrier. I can't decide if I'm getting better as I get older because I'm wiser or if I'm getting worse as I get older because I know more. :)

Shannon said...

I didn't know about these little intraDove messages you speak of - that's probably because I always buy the large bars which have no messages. Said bars are proportionate to degrees of worry. I'm with you Gerb.

Rachel said...

I'd have stopped worrying and eaten the other chocolate.....and a few more...and the rest of the bag....

Rieshy said...

I really wish that I couldn't relate to this post. But as it is 3:41 a.m. and I'm up... worrying, I have to admit I can.

Anaise said...

I'm glad you found a way to feel better, but what are you worrying about? I hope whatever it is will be okay.

Rather amazing that the chocolate knew what you needed though . . .

Bits-n-Pieces said...

i love it when things like that happen...those "just at the right moment" messages!! (I still would've eaten another chocolate or three tho! lol)

Kathy V said...

I love the serendipity of it all.

One advantage of being a woman... there are times when chocolate really can solve all your problems.

Unknown said...

I love that. It's like the fortunes I get every now and then in my fortune cookies. The most recent was along the lines of "stop looking. Your happiness is right beside you." It was the perfect closing to the most miserable day I had had in a long time (just heard that a friend around my age discovered an unplanned pregnancy with her 3rd--hello! Anybody up there?! Wrong person! ;) Great post.

Stela James said...

I am agree with you.
I am also chocolate lover.
home jobs

Amy said...

First of all, I'm so glad you're accepting comments again! My favorite Dove quote:

A Pessimist is an optimist with experience.

I have only seen that quote once. It made me laugh! I kept that foil for a long time.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...