- - - - -
- - -
Current topic:
We'd love to include your perspective! Send submissions on any topic to fourperspectivesblog at gmail.com.

Next topic:


Saturday, August 4, 2012

Sweet Pumpkin Perfection

Pin It

I can't believe that the beginning of a new school year is already almost upon us again!  Autumn is one of my favorite seasons of the year, and for many good reasons; new school supplies, the changing colors, the crunch of leaves, the smell of the crisp morning air... and the influx of all things pumpkin at the local grocery stores. In years past I would anxiously await the arrival of the pumpkin chocolate chip cookie and devour as many as possible before they disappeared again. I searched in vain for a recipe for these morsels and ultimately decided to take matters into my own hands.

Over the years the recipe has been tweaked (too dry!) and changed (too bland!) until I finally found perfection. And now, friends, I share it with you. Get ready to enjoy some Perfect Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies.

You will need:

2 cups pumpkin
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup white sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
1 Tablespoon vanilla
1/2 cup sour cream
4 1/4 cups flour
1 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons cinnamon
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 teaspoon ginger
2 teaspoons baking powder
2 teaspoons baking soda
1 1/2 cups chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Combine all ingredients. Drop spoonfuls of dough onto ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 10 minutes. Eat half a dozen (at least!) with a tall, cold glass of milk while still warm. Sweet pumpkin perfection.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Pumpkin chocolate chip cookies are pretty much my most favorite cookie ever. Thanks for posting this.

Oh! And Autumn is my favorite season. Just had to add that plug.

Richard & Natalie said...

I love pumpkin recipes and can't wait to try your cookies!

Holly said...

I've been looking for a good recipe for pumpkin choc chip cookies and wil give this a try! thanks!

So sorry to hear about Jason.

--Holly (we met at the Summer of George party last year)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...