- - - - -
- - -
Current topic:
We'd love to include your perspective! Send submissions on any topic to fourperspectivesblog at gmail.com.

Next topic:


Tuesday, August 21, 2012

From Gerb

Pin It
Today is the day I planned to post something about my dear friend Jason.  I have tried over and over to compose something that would do him justice, but the words never come out just right.  For now, it will have to be enough to say that my heart is heavy when I think of his absence from this life.  I miss him, as I know many of you do, too, and the world will never be quite the same without him.

I thought it would be fitting to instead re-post an entry from his blog which he wrote on January 21, 2009.  The photos are beautiful and the words are a message to each of us, even today.

It has always been one of my favorites.
 










 

Jason, my friend, you are and will continue to be so very missed. 




"Don't be dismayed by good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends." ---Richard Bach 













10 comments:

Kalei's Best Friend said...

A great post and tribute... Yes, u summed it up well w/his photos.. his subtle messages are just that and those are the ones we learn from most and seem to hit us harder especially in those 'aha' moments....We were all blessed to have known a small part of him.. I stumbled across his pages 3 years ago and was amazed. I learned a lot from him and grateful for all those emails we sent back and forth.

Linn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Rachel said...

This sums it up so well. His photography is amazing. The words he added......so poignant.

A very fitting tribute.

Mar C said...

Thank you for the beautiful words and pictures.

mCat said...

This is absolutely beautiful and I thank you for posting. You captured the Jason I knew perfectly.

Karen M. Peterson said...

I always liked this post, too.

Cari said...

That last photo...yes, he will be missed.

tammy said...

Beautiful. That last one made my heart catch too.

Just SO said...

Perfect post. He is missed so very much.

Mindy said...

This has always been one of my favorite posts. His gift for capturing the essence of a moment in word and picture never ceased to amaze me.

And then, reading that last line... it hit me again...

Thanks for capturing Jason in both your words and his...

Thanks for reminding all of us how precious true friends are and how quickly moments can pass by.

A definite reminder to treasure each and every moment with the people we love...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...