- - - - -
- - -
Current topic:
We'd love to include your perspective! Send submissions on any topic to fourperspectivesblog at gmail.com.

Next topic:


Monday, August 6, 2012

Mothering

Pin It When I was little, my brothers and I had this set of Childcraft Encyclopedias that I used to pore over intently. One of my favorites was the "art" volume. In it homage was paid to art greats such as Picasso, Monet, Warhol, Escher, and many others.

One of my favorites was Mary Cassatt's image of a mother bathing her child. This image has spoken to me since I was a child, and continues to do so today. The tenderness displayed by the mother as she goes about the most mundane and ordinary of tasks is as familiar as it is inspiring.



It makes me proud to be a mother.

This is what it is all about--the little ways love is demonstrated through acts of care and attention. Cassatt captured that in a simple moment that resonates.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...