- - - - -
- - -
Current topic:
We'd love to include your perspective! Send submissions on any topic to fourperspectivesblog at gmail.com.

Next topic:


Friday, December 11, 2009

Roadside Assistance

Pin It GUEST BLOGGER: SARAH

In the blogging world, I go by Super Sarah Ann. While not a completely adequate description, it prompts me to get moving in the morning to try to achieve some level of "Super" through the duration of the day (be it super lazy or super crazy) while still leaving me some room in the evening to feel like I accomplished something. A native Arizonan (which I hear is rare) I am a mom to two boys, one husband, two dogs, two cats, a bird and 6 chickens, so I am no stranger to funny stories and cleaning up messes. It's the writing about it that keeps me sane!



I ran to the local grocery store to grab a gallon of milk so my two boys wouldn’t have to go without cereal the next day (a major catastrophe in this home). While walking toward my car after said purchase, I noticed two well-dressed men next to their car; one was standing and barking into a cell phone, the other was crouched next to the tire and grunting very loudly.

Looking over and realizing they had a flat tire, I asked if they needed any help. The yuppie tourist on the phone rolled his eyes as he turned his back towards me, while the not-so-yuppie guy scrunched next to the tire grunted a very loud, “NO!”

Still feeling hesitant about their situation, I asked if they were sure they didn’t need help or if maybe I could call someone for them.

“LOOK, we are FINE!” the very flustered man at the tire responded, “We DO NOT need any help from you. Thanks for stopping or whatever, but we are fine.”

“Oh, ok. Sorry for bugging you, then.” I replied. “But you might want to try turning the lug nuts the other way if you intend on getting that tire off the car. You know, that whole 'righty-tighty, lefty-loosey' thing. Just a thought.”


I hope everything worked out well for them…must've been a tough morning.

5 comments:

Rachel said...

YESSSSS!!! Score one for the female brain! Love it!

PMC said...

LOL...nice. righty tighty....how about herky jerky..those guys!!!...they must have been having a tough...somethin'

Gerb said...

I hope you walked away with your head held high, Sarah! I bet those same guys never ask for directions when they're lost, either...

Anaise said...

Ha! Ha! Ha! I so have a story just like that, but I'm sworn to secrecy . . . ouch! It hurts not to tell it!

Unknown said...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Karma's a female. And then your tire goes flat.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...