- - - - -
- - -
Current topic:
We'd love to include your perspective! Send submissions on any topic to fourperspectivesblog at gmail.com.

Next topic:


Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Have You Ever Seen The Rain?

Pin It
picture found at photobucket.com

There is nothing quite like a rainy day.

Yesterday was an especially grand one. All day long the storm clouds would gather, burst open, repeat. I cracked the windows in order to fully enjoy the scent of the freshly washed earth and the sound of each raindrop as it met the pavement.

My 3-year-old daughter and I ventured out to the grocery store in the late afternoon. The skies were overcast and grey as we entered the store, but once our purchases were complete we noticed a crowd of shoppers gathered at the store's entrance and beyond them saw a full-on deluge from the heavens. Everyone stood there, hoping the storm would let up and allow them drier passage to their waiting vehicles.

Not us. We are rain lovers.

"Are you ready?" I asked my daughter, weaving my way through the mass of shopping carts and bodies.

"GO!" she screamed with excitement as we plunged into the parking lot, running through puddles, splashing and laughing as we made our way to the car. Sheets of rain dampened our hair and clothes, but not our spirits. We were invigorated. We spun and danced as we loaded our purchased items into the back of our suburban.

As we drove past the front of the store on our way out I looked over to the growing crowd who were still waiting for the rain to pass. I glanced into the rear view mirror at my wet hair, now plastered to my forehead, and I smiled.

I looked back at my daughter who was humming a happy tune of her own creation, following the rain with her finger on the window as it ran in patterns down the glass.

I was glad I had chosen to enjoy this gift rather than avoid it.

There is nothing quite like a rainy day.
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...