- - - - -
- - -
Current topic:
We'd love to include your perspective! Send submissions on any topic to fourperspectivesblog at gmail.com.

Next topic:


Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Kids Crack Me Up!

Pin It

I don't mean to be a total wet blanket here, but I don't spend a whole lot of time on the YouTube. It's not that I don't like Youtube or I think I'm better than YouTube or even really that I have better, more meaningful things to do than watch YouTube videos.  I just, you know, don't go on YouTube very much 'cause I suppose I choose to waste my time in other ways.

So, to be honest, I had to go onto YouTube for the topic this week and see if anything struck my fancy. Luckily I ran across these Kid History videos which really did (strike my fancy that is).  As far as I can tell there's a series of about a dozen. The idea here is that kids are telling a story and these completely hilarious grown-ups are lip-synching to the kid's words and acting out the story as told by these kids.  I have to say that I think that a fair amount of rehearsal, or at least a fair number of takes must need to happen here because the adults are pretty spot on with the lip-synching.  And they're not really making fun of the kids either, they're just following the dialogue and doing what it tells them to do.  I chose the Christmas one to post here because it made me laugh out loud in more than one spot.

I think I like these because it reminds me a little bit of the drama program I used to work with at the elementary school.  Teachinfourth wrote about the Sunset View drama program a little bit over on his personal blog, so you can take a hop on over there for more details. But the last several years of the program, we used stories that kids in the school had written as the basis for our play (actually we used one of Gerb's kids awesome stories about a 7 year old super-hero).  It was, I thought, really a lot of fun because the kids came up with ideas that I certainly never would have and consequently we we put on a pretty unique and fun show.  I have to admit that I miss it every day and I hope I can figure out a way to make it happen again in some elementary school somewhere in the not-too-distant future.

Anyway, that's why I think I like these Kid History YouTube videos - 'cause kids crack me up.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

Rachel said...

I love Kid History. The brains behind Kid History are genius! Pure brilliant genius!

Holly said...

One of those kids is in my Primary class!

Anaise said...

My family loves Kidhistory. They are hilarious!!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...